COLD CUCUMBER SOUP
4 chopped green onions 5 medium “gold potatoes,
2 small o nions, finely chopped pared and quartered
4 Tbl. Butter 1 tsp. Thyme
4 chicken (or chicken-flavored) 1/8 to ¼ Tabasco Sauce
bouillon cubes 4 cups organic sour cream
6 cups boiling water (or non-dairy substitute)
1 cup chopped parsley 2 tsp. Salt
1 cup finely chopped celery 2 large cucumbers, finely grated
· Sauté onions in butter for 5 minutes.
· Dissolve bouillon cubes in water and add parsley, celery, potatoes, thyme and onions.
· Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
· Remove from heat and force through food mill or sieve. (If you want a very smooth, creamy soup, you may put in blender, instead. I put half through sieve and half in blender.)
· When chilled, add Tabasco, sour cream and cucumber and mix well.
· Chill covered for several hours or overnight.
· Optional: Add ½ to ¾ tsp. Curry powder before blending.